|ProStaff is looking for Warehouse Assistant Maintenance Mechanic to work for a company in Sayreville, NJ
Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: $19-$22 hourly DOE
This Position is responsible to provide assistance to maintenance mechanics in general maintenance work . Repair, maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, dock doors & levelers, facility machines, racks, stretch wrap equipment, HVAC’s and all other building equipment. Follow preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, and buildings. Comply with all GMP, housekeeping and safety practices standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management. Follow direction from maintenance supervisor. Maintain positive and productive relationships.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 Year maintenance experience in warehouse and/or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, equipment manuals, blue prints, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 500 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While this position will primarily work in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, this position will require travel. There is very limited overnight travel required and specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions & vendor fairs. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to move different package sizes, maintenance tools, power tools, equipment, parts, etc. and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, airborne particles, fumes, lubricants, cleaning products, cold and elevated ambient temperature and outside weather conditions.