ProStaff is looking for a Wastewater Operator to work for a company in Old Bridge, NJ
- Operate and adjust controls on treatment plant equipment and machinery, such as valves, pumps and motors.
- Grease and clean plant equipment; read and interpret meters and gauges; regulate plant effluent.
- Monitor, repair, and maintain wastewater system lift stations; remove debris; disassemble and clean pumps; perform minor repairs when necessary.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed; locate problems and operate sewer cleaning equipment to clear stoppages.
- Collect samples and perform various lab tests.
- Inspect and make repairs to plant equipment.
- Perform general plant maintenance work such as sweeping, cleaning, sanding and painting of equipment and facilities.
- Assist in operating video inspection system.
- Perform general grounds maintenance work.
- Rod sanitary sewers; install and repair sanitary sewer laterals and trunk lines.
- Enter and work in permitted confined spaces and underground trenches.
- Locate, mark and notify sewer lines per USA (underground service alert) requirements.
- Observe and enforce safety precautions.
- May temporarily be assigned to work with other City departments as needed.
- Operate trucks, tractors and other motorized equipment of comparable size and complexity.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Basic principles and practices of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic system.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Motor vehicle, generators, pumps, gauges, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, phone, calculator, and a variety of lab equipment.
- Operation and routine maintenance of wastewater treatment equipment and sanitary sewers.
- Wastewater sampling and routine process control tests.
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles related to the operation of wastewater treatment equipment.
- Perform wastewater treatment plant and sewer system maintenance duties.
- Operate trucks, tractors, and related equipment efficiently and safely.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Recognize inefficient, unusual or dangerous operating conditions.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- MUST have Industrial Wastewater Operator N-2 License from the NJDEP