New Brunswick, New Jersey · Biotech/Pharmaceutical
Are you looking to be a part of a growing pharmaceutical company? One of our largest clients is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join their New Brunswick, New Jersey team. Our client is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies specializing in developing and manufacturing solid dosage products. If you believe you are qualified, we would be excited to connect and discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Maintenance of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment/plant/utilities maintaining compliance with all state and federal guidelines with emphasis on current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) requirements.
Area Of Responsibility
Under General Supervision to perform Mechanical Maintenance:
• Perform Preventive Maintenance and breakdown maintenance of tablet and capsule manufacturing and packaging equipment
• Experience for maintenance of Glatt and Niro fluid bed driers, tablet press, capsule filler, bottle packaging line, blister packaging equipment require
• Perform equipment installation and operational qualification protocol or non-routine tasks as necessary.
• Troubleshoot issues and problems for optimal running efficiency by solving simple to complex problems related to equipment or process.
• Maintain documents related to PM, breakdown maintenance and usage logbook
• Maintain spare parts inventory
• Develop and maintains records on pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment, utilities, and systems to maintain operations and validation
• Support area validation/calibration/certification efforts and the transfer of new processes to the manufacturing area
• Perform equipment/utility/plant maintenance as needed
• Follow all company policies related to job safety
• Support operations improvement/maintenance projects
• Perform improvements/maintenance as required to support all operations
Work Conditions: Environmental related to manufacturing/production environments:
• Noise: Sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
• Fumes: Smoky or vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
• Odors: Unpleasant smells.
• Gases: Examples include carbon monoxide and ozone.
• Dust: Airborne particles of any kind, such as textile dust, wood, and silica.
• Hazards: Conditions where there is danger to life, health or bodily injury such as closeness to moving mechanical parts; working on scaffolding and high places; exposure to burns, radiant energy, explosives, toxic chemicals, and electric shock.
• Stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell
• Close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception, ability to focus
• Ability to operate production equipment and hand tools
• Operate computer/office machines
• Wear Safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves
• Lift up to 70 lbs. Travel Estimate Up to 0 %
Education and Job Qualifications:
• High School/Trade School/Vocational School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Minimum four (4) years of Mechanical Maintenance experience in pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in repairing, troubleshooting and maintenance of packaging equipment/plant/utilities
• Black Seal Boiler License & HVAC certification are preferred • Ability to read electrical drawings and control diagrams
• Ability to identify replacement parts from manuals and other resources
• Good Math and Computer Skills including MS Office and some experience with SAP
• Electrical and Control Troubleshooting skills with use of instrumentation (Multimeter)
• Welding, and plumbing knowledge including the ability to sweat copper tubing
• Knowledge of HVAC Systems and troubleshoot using the Building Management System
• Knowledge of Compressed Air/Pneumatic Systems and Troubleshooting
• Fabricate sheet metal guards and other simple replacement parts
• Operational understanding and troubleshooting process of manufacturing equipment such as Blenders, Sifters, Mills, Printing Machines, Dust Collectors, Tablet Dedusters, and Packaging Equipment
• Basic Operational understanding and troubleshooting process for medium level equipment such as Compression Machines, High Shear Mixers, Film Coaters, and Capsule Fillers
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Basic understanding of cGMP and OSHA Regulations
• The requirement for English language proficiency for this job role is Basic – A2 (comparable to Global CEFR Basic A2) level based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Our client offers a competitive compensation package as well as an excellent benefits package for eligible candidates.